This two-part webinar series provides an overview of packaging adhesives for technical and business professionals. Part 1 defines the market by size, volume, demand and future growth as well as present the processing and performance criteria for success in specific packaging applications. Part 2 presents the science behind packaging adhesives including a review of basic adhesion principles, developing optimum adhesive formulations using structure/property relationships with considerations for processing by technology types and markets. You will have an opportunity to ask specific questions of our expert instructors in the Q&A sessions to address your specific needs.
- Get an introduction to packaging adhesives through the exploration of the market segmentation, size and future growth
- Examine end uses by application, performance and technology type
- Get specific formulation assistance for optimum and critical performance
- Learn about processing considerations and wet property testing (set, green, viscosity) necessary for efficient adhesive development
- Discuss future trends and unmet performance needs
Who Should Attend?
- Packaging professionals looking for a focused introduction into current markets and technologies of packaging adhesives
- Research, Development and Engineering professionals who need to understand the fundamentals of adhesive chemistries
- Sales, Marketing and Product Managers who want an advanced understanding of the technical benefits of using packaging adhesives
- Design Engineers involved in the selection and use of adhesives in packaging
Khal Anis, Business Development Manager, Jowat Corporation
Khal is an accomplished business leader with over 25 years of experience in the paper and packaging industry including business and technical management positions at H.B. Fuller, Nordson and IFS Industries. Khal brings a unique perspective to the field as he draws on diverse experiences managing strategic accounts, building and leading top-flight sales teams, and successfully executing R&D projects and marketing plans. His technical background has helped him to build/grow his sales region, penetrate new markets, and achieve double-digit increases. Khal is also an accomplished mentor and leader of experienced salespeople.
Dave Horwat, Consultant to the Adhesives Industry
Dave Horwat is a technical consultant for the adhesives industry with over 40 years of experience in formulation and technical support of vinyl acetate polymers with Air Products Polymers. In addition to packaging and converting adhesives, Dave has worked in adhesive development for woodworking, automotive, HVAC, insulation and many other submarkets or applications. He is an author of the industry standard training manual entitled, "Working with Vinyl Acetate Based Polymers" published by Air Products. Most recently, Dave has worked on the development of a mathematical adhesive formulation system which theoretically models structure-property relationships of adhesive and polymer dispersions using various compounding additives.