Hot melt adhesives offer a significant advantage for many applications and are finding new uses as innovations in process and materials drive growth. This webinar provides a solid foundation for formulating hot melt adhesives to optimize your products for desired application and performance characteristics. A brief overview of markets, product types and applications will lead into additive selection, critical hot melt properties and application specific testing.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how and where hot melt adhesives are used
- Understand the performance requirements for processing and use
- Review polymers used in hot melt formulations
- Gain an understanding of how to modify base polymer properties with proper selection of tackifiers, modifiers and antioxidants
- Chemical, mechanical and rheological properties as a function of polymer/additive choice
- Current trends and innovations
- Hot Melt Adhesives Introduction
- Market Overview
- Hot Melt Raw Materials
- Performance Testing
- Formulating Examples
- Market Trends
Dr. Amanda Schmit holds a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. She is currently a Senior Scientist II in the Americas Hot Melt Product Development group at H.B. Fuller with a focus on EoL packaging. She has worked on packaging, hygiene and tape and label projects during her 3 years at H.B. Fuller.
Ryan Gleason is a Scientist, focusing on Hygiene applications in North America and Asia Pacific. He has been with H.B. Fuller for 3 years working to develop new adhesives that accommodate an evolving market and raw material landscape, while assisting customers with adhesive selection, testing and demonstrations. Upon receiving his B.S. Degree from Winona State University in Minnesota, Ryan worked as a Product Development Engineer, designing custom thermoplastic materials for injection molding applications.