Explore the basics of rheology from a practical viewpoint. Gain an understanding of the balance of elastic and viscous flow characteristics as they affect both the application of liquid adhesives and the characteristics of the final adhesive bond. Learn about formulation variables as well as viscosity measurement and specification testing viewed from a rheological perspective.
- Explore the basics of rheology defined as a tradeoff of two properties: Elasticity vs flow (in the wet state) or adhesion vs cohesion (In the dry polymer state)
- Understand how rheology is involved in the proper design of adhesives and the proper application using application equipment.
- Learn about altering rheology as a tradeoff in properties and formulating to alter rheology
- Gain an understanding of rheological curves to demonstrate the principle of time/temperature and pressure
- Explore the measurement of rheological properties and the various methods and equipment used
- Discuss conformance to specifications or requirements
- Rheological basic terms and concepts.
- Classification of flow and where it comes from.
- The application method and the variables of Time, Temperature and Pressure.
- Measuring Viscosity – methods and limitations
- Discovering the Rheological Form of polymers.
- The application of adhesives from a rheological view
- To understand the rheological effects of the solids adhesive film as it satisfies performance criteria
- To understand formulation’s additives effects on final performance properties.
- Using Dynamic Mechanical Analysis to reveal the big picture of rheology